As the matter of fact 3D printing is actually something which has grasped my attention over last 2-3 years. In the beginning I bought MakerBot Replicator 2 sometimes ago then I got printed such things which I wanted from Christmas ornaments, even necklaces and toys for my little children. As I felt comfortable with my Replicator 2, in the start I did some initial struggles to set that up, to load filament, leveling the build plate, and one thing to make that sure everything will be in working situation. But when I was going to get approach about doing a review of a relatively new 3D printer I would like to share my feelings that I was quite little doubtful.
I got a quite better experience with provided FlashForge Dreamer dual extender 3D printer and work with for some weeks.
Setting It Up
I got a chance to provide review about Flashforge Dreamer. As I got already enough experience with my Replicator 2 and that proved to be all that I have needed. No doubt that this was not the same case but 3D printers all are similar but now I found that they are not exactly the same one after having the deeper look on this Flashforge Dreamer.
When I started to have fun with this I felt that the set up of itself was totally a breeze. First I pulled this out of the box, then attach the extruder, with the help of 2 screws then I switched on and load the filament in the printer. In the beginning the version which I was actually provided was a dual nozzle printer and with that came a spool of red PLA and also with ABS filament. You will feel good as loading filament is actually proved to be a piece of cake. As it comes with such feature of located button on the provide touch screen to load and unload filament. Then I pressed the button and waited to get the extruder to heat up, then fed that using the hole placed on top. And yes even within 30 seconds my 3D printer was actually in the ready to go condition.
This is Awesome!
In order to have fun with that, when I got its manual I was just feeling like the kid in the candy shop. Then I set printer up and started to print some 3D objects. First I started to have something small in order to just check that I set up the printer correctly. The results were truly great. The object came out without any flaw then my new project was a race car, even with the moveable wheels, As I already performed the same with my previous 3D printer but my results was not according to my desire you can say less than satisfactory.
Print Quality & Resolution
Let me tell you my little experience with you that I was totally amazed by its resolution and print quality that Dreamer provides. In the starting, I was comparing this with DaVinci Line of 3D printers. Specifically for the price they are proved to be decent printers when you look the printed objects from DaVinci, The point you will notice are particularly the layers. As the matter of fact, I was totally surprised about the print quality of Dreamer.
Its resolution was equal with MakerBot Replicator 2 but the prints which I got from Flashforge are all looked good and also better in some cases than my MakerBot machine.
- Actual weight: 27lbs
- Nozzle diameter: 0.4mm
- Print speed: up to 200mm/s
- Heated Build Platform: 120°c maximum
- Input voltage: AC100 – 240V, 50/60hz
- Power: 300W
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, USB, SD card
- Positioning Precision: 0.1mm – 0.2mm
- Build Volume: 9.1” x 5.9” x 5.5”
- Overall dimension: 19 x 16 x 13in / 485 x 400 x 335mm
- Shipping size: 25 x 23 x 19in / 565 x 535 x 430mm
- Layer thickness (resolution): 100 – 500 microns
- Shipping weight: 32lbs
- Filament diameter: 1.75mm – 1.80mm
- Available colors: white, red, black, yellow, blue, green and transparent
- Materials: PVA, ABS, PLA, HIPS, Nylon and More.
- Software: FlashPrint
- Input file type: X3G/ STL
- Compatibility:, OS X, Linux, Windows
- 5” IPS LCD touch screen display having multi-language support.
- Stay connected to the printer through Wi-Fi, USB, or SD card.
- Built-in 4 GB internal storage capability.
- 12-LED illuminates the build chamber in various colors.
- Works seamlessly with FlashPrint software (included).
- Latest ARM Cortex M4 CPU that provides fast and stable processing performance.
- Full enclosure body with removable lid and ventilated side panels make printing ABS and PLA a breeze.
- Dual extruder with built-in fan provides instantaneous cooling to printed object.
- Aircraft grade alloy platform provides maximum resistance against deformation.
- Supports ABS, PLA, HIPS, PVA, nylon and more.