First, let me tell you that Tiertime manufactures both industrial 3D printers and desktop as well. It got a good rating as it scored four stars out of 5 on average, in terms of reliability scored four stars.
As user-friendly it also got four stars, in terms of print quality it got four stars again, as it is proved to be excellent in print quality and got four stars again. Same inconsistency, in range of materials, it got three stars.
Tiertime UP Mini 2 Comes With The Following Elements:
- Quick Start Guide.
- Tool kit: filament guide tube, Calibration card, USB cable, Nozzle wrench, and Nozzle, Gloves.
- Sample filament for ABS, ABS+, and PLA (50g for each series).
- UP mini 2.
- UP Fila Station.
- UP mini 2 extruder V1.
- Tiertime power supply 90W & power cable.
- UP flex 120 print board(2).
- Cell board for P mini(2).
- Scraper,Pliers,hex wrench & spare screws.
- 500g spool of ABS filament (1.75mm)
Design and Specification
Tiertime UP mini 2 looks no doubt great. Its fila station is actually over the top (fila station is actually is such casing where you put your filament). The outer part of this printer is fully covered with plastic material and even also the station. Its door is actually transparent so you can easily the inner platform glowing by the LED light. It comes with a handle made of aluminum. All of this makes this UP a very portable 3D printer.
Dimension & Weight
- Dimension: 36.5×25.5×38.5 cm
- Weight: 8.0kg
- Print Jets: Single extruder.
- Maximum Creator Size: 120x120x120mm / 4.72×4.72×4.72 inch.
- Material: 1.75mm PLA plastic and ABS plastic.
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.4mm.
- Compatible files: UPP, UP3, STL.
- Build Platform: Heated with perforated Print Board or UP Flex Print Board.
- Technology: FDM Printing.
- Windows Requirement: Win XP/7/8/10
- Mac OSX requirements: Mac OSX
- Description: Comes with UP software
- It comes with one year warranty that is 12 months
SOFTWARE & PRINTING
In the first look, I noticed on the 3D printer was actually a touch screen. It provides clear instructions and it is easy to use. You will be happy to know that using this touch screen you can initialize and calibrate the 3D printer to get ready for printing. And using this you can also select the desired filament. The good thing about this 3D printer is that it automatically selects temperature for you.
UP Studio App
In order to use this properly, you need to download the UP 2 app for printing. You can even upload your STL files for printing. After setting up your print option the software automatically begins to slice the model and then send it to the printer.
One best solution for me that I simply connect my 3D printer via the provided USB cable. Then it becomes very easy to send files peacefully and successfully.
By having this 3D printer you can have a lot of great features to have the best print files. In the UP Studio software, you can set fine-tune and you can choose the infill, support, and also layer thickness and you can do a lot more fine-tuning. During printing, if you open the door then the printer stops automatically and after that, if you insert that door back then you get the option to resume that again.